Cycling is full of words that may not make sense, but hopefully, this guide can start to help you understand it all.
- Indoor - A training session completed on an indoor trainer.
- Outdoor -Riding your efforts outdoors with the wind blowing the helmet.
- Time in zone- This dictates how long you spend in the planned zone.
- Zones (intensity) - The intensity you need to ride at. Check out - What do my zones mean
- Total ride time- Duration of your session. Spokd highlights the cumulative time after each block on your indoor session to help keep you on track.
- Warm up- This is part of your training session preparing you for the efforts included. An indoor session is detailed as you can control the effort duration, while out on the road it’s left more open it will be dictated by traffic, lights, corners etc that we can’t not control.
- Workout- The efforts you need to ride, which will prepare you for your goal. Sometimes it’s not easy, but it will be worthwhile in the end.
- Cooldown - The easy part of your training. Allows your heart rate to decrease and you can mentally reflect on the positives and negatives of your session.