How to read a session
If you haven't trained by zones before, it can be a little overwhelming. But the investment in your time is so worthwhile. It will help you become a faster bike rider.
You can take a tour of the session with Rich -
The pre uploaded session page is broken into -
In the top half of the page, you'll be able to
- Move your ride to another day
- Upload your ride with your ride data or just by RPE.
The session focus is what the session is targeting today. Each zone correlates to a name
- Zone 1 = Endurance
- Zone 2 = Tempo
- Zone 3 = Threshold
- Zone 4 = Vo2
- Zone 5 = Anaerobic Capacity
The duration is the total length of today's session
This is where SPOK'D outlines what you need to ride.
You can either export ride into your Garmin and download your session as a zwo.file to be ridden in Zwift.
Your warm up is a 10 min block where it builds through the zones
Your workout is what you need to focus on the most. There are 2 elements to be aware of:
- Focus on key efforts of the session (explained above). Your zone 1 includes recovery and endurance, this is your general riding zone.
- When riding on the road, you'll need to be flexible. So make note of your of the length of your key efforts and then do your best to fit it in within the session duration. SPOK'D looks at your cumulative workload so it's ok to stretch the recovery periods plus once you've ridden a similar session a number of times you'll develop your own leniency % from the planned.
You can always view your zones at the bottom of the workout
Your cool down consists of 5 mins at easy riding.
- Learn your zones
- Focus on the key efforts of your session
- Remember to be flexible on the road. SPOK'D has your back.